Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More mail

So I think at some point I intend to put some actual effort into a post about my new study tools, obviously, but this will serve well enough to announce that the DS software has also arrived. I've been gathering initial impressions, but probably won't have time to make the actual post until the weekend. Or never. We'll see haha

I'm pretty happy so far, though, and I had some time this evening to study.

Oleya was over last night and let me oogle her (White Rabbit) flash cards. Let me tell you, they are some awesome. The best part is the six usages listed. You can learn some super useful vocab just by making sure you recognize your kanji. It just feels really good to have a finite amount of information there. Studying out of a kanji dictionary (even a super user friendly one like mine) is stressful and overwhelming since some kanji have meanings that go on for over a page!! Here you can get a really good pertinent chunk of meaning, things you will want to use--like 万引き(まんびき shoplifting) or 九州 (きゅうしゅう the island of Japan)Therefore, huzzah.

No comments: