Friday, April 30, 2010

JLPT Study so far

Well, I'm trying to get caught up on kanji, mostly. That and vocab is where I hurt. I retain grammar the best, although it's been a while since I wasn't straight up reviewing, so we'll see how I fare. I think I can do it.

Also, the choice to go with N3 is the right one. I did example test questions for N5 (which I never doubted was too easy) and N4 (which I figured would be doable) and they were both a piece of cake, pretty much. I think the only times I messed up were times where I just hadn't paid enough attention.

One thing I need to be careful of is to not get too sucked into Anki. Flashcards are great, but in the end, flashcards are going to make you good at flashcards, and not Japanese. (Of course, people say that about the JLPT, too, that studying for the test only really makes you good at taking the test, or that it only tests your ability to study for a test...)

I have a LOT of textbooks. They all have example sentences and some of them have drills. Cross studying (out of order, heavens!) goes totally against my "chonology tic," but in this case the most important is really to just cover material. I definitely err on the overly systematic approach, so it's time to just study whatever is relevant.

Also, it's time to study. This blog has been giving me some grief lately. Some of the posts are super valuable (to me, at least) but some of them are just drama or boring. I might clean it up. I don't really want to start a new one just to "get serious." I think I can do that here :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very interesting,,, thanks for sharing