Sunday, April 20, 2008

I suck at Japanese!

This is the first step to not sucking at Japanese. Admit it, you suck! I suck! We try and try, but we are un-near to fluency. We are far. Knowing you don't know is much better than assuming you do. You can say まだまだ行きます and keep on plugging away.

Do you like videogames and anime and manga and all that crazy J-stuff even though it doesn't seem to help you learn anything? Me, too. Are you embarrassed because you started learning Japanese in high school after you saw a subbed episode of Slayers and though it was the greatest sounding language ever? Me, too. You can be a geek (or even *shudder* an OTAKU) and still be serious student of Japanese. Let's prove it!

I'm writing this post as a corny introduction to HOW TO NOT SUCK AT JAPANESE, which is my new study blog. I will post Japanese things here not ALWAYS related to studying, but I will try to somehow create studying out of them, if they are unrelated. I kinda hate posts like these because usually blogs that have them stop after like three entries, you know? If that happens, I promise I will just get rid of the blog and not leave it up here taunting people who thought it might have potential, and then cry when they see it hasn't been updated since 2004.

I think I will make some rules, because introductory posts deserve at least one, maybe:

Every post will have Japanese characters in it, and they will not simply say こんにちはor すごい. They will say things that maybe I haven't heard before, or maybe I need to review, or maybe I just learned. Maybe sometimes I will inflict whole paragraphs of horrible Japanese on you, or maybe I will translate game manuals...WHO KNOWS?

The other rule is that I will update at least every other day, and this I am SO not joking about. I would say everyday, but there needs to be an extenuating circumstances rule.

Also, I am late, so I need to leave. TO BE FREAKING CONTINUED!

1 comment:

op said...

yay! i love it. this will definitely help me. you have been bookmarked.