Monday, January 19, 2009

Revised Edition of An Integrated Approach...

The other thing I saw at the story today (but did not buy) was the new version of An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese, which now has a separate (pretty, blue) workbook (that appears to be mostly the same stuff from the unrevised book--rip off? Can't say for sure since I didn't have the original, which I own, on hand to compare...), but comes with an audio CD (!!)

This is what makes me the most envious of people who are buying it now as opposed to back when I got it (and barely used it. I have a feeling, though, that I will mop up some grammar and vocab in there after I get through my new beef-up program of awesome):

Conversation and reading have been updated to reflect the current language style and trends of Japan. To facilitate greater in-depth learning, grammar note and grammar practice have been expanded with more learning points and explanations.

More explanations are SUCH A GOOD IDEA for this book, and of course, current language style and trends just makes me sad because that is definitely what I NEED. Will I go insane and eventually buy the updated version? I don't know. We shall see........

No comments: