Monday, November 2, 2009

Personalize it (Heisig Super Alpha Turbo Remix)

So I've been through a hundred Heisig stories now, which is enough to know that some of these stories really work, many of these early ones I no longer need stories for (I will never forget them), but also that for some of them, I may have better ideas for my own stories. If this blog is not a place to put them, then what is it? :)

Companion: Together for two months!

Stomach: You can put all the rice you get (from the fields) in a month in your stomach—yum!

Stubborn: I'm gonna read every page from the beginning (Me regarding 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea in 4th grade XD)

Mediocre: With that big enclosue and little drip in the middle it just looks sort of half-assed doesn't it? lol

Texture: He kind of touches on it, but a month of wind can really change the texture of something.

Bull's eye: This one is a weird story, but I sort of like to think of it as ladling the white paint onto the bull's eye....

Fish guts: Are squiggly. The end.

Tool: Keep your eye on your tools (or you'll lose them)

True: Use a (magic) needle as a tool—look through the eye and you'll see what's true.

Bribe: He goes as far as possessed by shellfish, but "clams" (a type of shellfish) is slang for dollars, so that can help even more.

Tribute: Support someone's craft by paying (clams/dollars/shellfish) tribute.

Paragraph: I know it's bad, but I sort of think of the thing on the side as an indent. So its' like you're indenting the page to start the paragraph.

Blade: It's a sword with a slash through it, like a blade makes...

Seduce/beckoning: Honestly, this makes me think kuchisakeonna. With the sword (slashed) mouth, she's beckoning to little kids...

Shining: Seducing of the sun! You don't need to think of a shoeshine to think that seducing the sun makes things shine :)

Village: Can be simplified to just the fact that rice fields plus streets = village.

Place on the head/humble acceptance: He explains all this stuff about nails and heads, but doesn't just say, "I humbly accept the fact that you are correct -- you nailed it right on the head."

Complete: I just think it's hilarious that he manages to make a kid with no arms mean complete LOL That hilarity alone is enough to remember this by XD

Likeness: So dirty.

That's all for now. I have to go eat Mexican food with b-b-brown RICE!

No comments: