Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Check-in

Just had a super productive and wonderful study session. Maybe it's because I had the day off and had the time/energy, but really, I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping at it all week. I feel like I'm improving, which is always good motivation.

Shadowing

Unit 1 is getting a little old, but I've noticed that I can keep up better with phrases like 私は十七日です。(That sentence looks really funny, btw—she's talking about her birthday.) As expected, repetition is the key.

Kanji

I feel like I have the vocab down for this lesson, which is awesome. I guess that means I could add some of the harder vocab to the mix if I wanted. The plan was to go through all the plain ones first and then go back and sweep for the ones marked as not immediately essential or specialized afterwards...

Grammar

Now that I am sinking my teeth into 初級から中級への日本語ドリル(文法)I am lovvvvving it. They give you really important pointers, like how when you're using 〜たまま the person doing both the action that is finished with a continuing state and the current action has to be the same person. This is actually the kind of grammar advice I REALLY need, so I'm thrilled. Also, since they have grammar explanations in Japanese AND English (and Chinese and Korean) it's really easy to pick up vocabulary like 過去否定形 (past negative form [of a verb]).

Casual Listening

Well, it's casual. I have to say this is the thing that I feel ok about dropping if I'm sleepy or dont' have time, but tonight I did listen to a story about a lady who lives with a crow. Whoo!

That's all. Just a progress report. I'm actually pretty sleepy now, for whatever reason. I kinda wanted to play some videogames, but not sure I have the attn span ;)

No comments: